Friday, June 11, 2021

Daddy-Daughter Days: The Grand Scheme of Collecting.

Hey guys! While this isn't EXACTLY what I was gonna talk about initially, this is a very common thing in the family that has really just been a long time hobby.

Collecting: A very well known topic in society alone, it could be stamps, marbles, trinkets, dare I say....God forbid.... body pillows..... 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔 At some point in time (or even still in present day) we all have or had our own collecting phase, but it seems like in my family, IT NEVER ENDS! I'm a collector of various toys and collectibles. (I.E. animatronic dolls that usually come out around Valentine's Day and Christmas, LPS, Puppy in My Pocket figures, plushies, etc.) Collecting has just.... kinda been the norm since childhood. It all started many many years ago when little 3 year old me saw these singing dogs at a Wal-Mart during Christmas time. You'd press the paw and they'd dance and sing to a little Christmas showtune. Well one day, I was playing with two of them and the glue that held the Mech wore off leaving a lifeless, dead Christmas dog in my hand. My dad, (who you'll be hearing from in a moment,) made a solution and turned them into puppets! You may have known them as "Mr. Puppy and Mr. Other Puppy" which I plan on doing a little animated film of them with the old man sometime. I'm currently buying new ones to replace what were once two Christmas dogs. (Don't worry, I'm still keeping Mr. Puppy and Mr. Other Puppy.) and can be found on Ebay with various prices that from one I've seen are usually in the 10s and 20s. 

Mr. Puppy (who I will be buying) 


Mr. Other Puppy. (Also on the hunt for.)

Anyways here's dad for you all.

Yeah, so, for some reason I decided that Mr. Puppy would host his own show called "Mr. Puppy's Playhouse" and his brother, Mr. Other Puppy would be his co-host/nemesis.
The show would open with the theme song:

It's Mr. Puppy's Playhouse,
It's the place for you and me.
It's Mr. Puppy's playhouse, 
It's the place you want to be! 
Mr. Puppy, Mr. Puppy,
Mr. Puppy, Mr. Puppy,
Mr. Puppy, Mr. Puppy's 
PLAY HOUSE
Invariably, each episode would start with:

MR. PUPPY:
Hello, boys and girls and welcome to Mr. Puppy's Playhouse.  I'm your host, Mr. Puppy and this is my brother, Mr. Other Puppy.

MR. OTHER PUPPY:
Hello.

Here's a drawing I did of the brothers encountering The Little Puppet Boy in the paper towel aisle at WAL*MART:


Yeah, it was just that kind of show.

2 comments:

  1. I guess I'm "unknown". But this looks interesting. That movie and the garbage truck song.... looks pretty trippy.
    Scott

    ReplyDelete

Daddy Daughter Days: "The Story of GWEEN"

 In 2021, I found out about a little show called "Camp Camp." The show was created by the recently defunct "Rooster Teeth&quo...