Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Daddy-Daughter Days: Scott Pilgrim VS The World

 

Hey, Y'all! Mariel here! Welcome to our new blog, "Daddy Daughter Days" where me, an epileptic cartoon dork and my dad will be posting our perspectives on certain topics! And as you could tell by the title, we will be talking about the well known box office flop known as "Scott Pilgrim VS The World" (2010)

Scott Pilgrim VS The World was a graphic novel\comic book series written and illustrated by Brian Lee O'Malley in 2005 consisting of 6 books total. 


I found out about the franchise through a close friend in my "Inner Circle" when he recommended I watch the 💫Live-Action💫 adaptation that my dad will be discussing in just a moment. So I first saw the movie on Netflix (once again, thanks to a close friend of mine) and it was AMAZING! I won't spoil it for ya so here's my dad on the subject, go ahead, dad. ^^ 

Thanks, Mariel.

The big news was that the SPVTW movie was getting a 10th (actually 11th?) anniversary theatrical release.

The bigger news is that it was going to get a three day run at a local movie theater.

The biggest news is that enough COVID-19 restrictions had been lifted that we could actually go see it!

We traipsed down to the 9:30 showing on a Saturday night, got our tickets, an industrial-sized drum of popcorn and a commemorative poster.

Let me tell ya, this is one trippy movie!

It's full of graphics, jarring edits and improbable ninja fight scenes.  Seeing it on a big screen with a booming sound system really drove it all home.

(Speaking of driving home, we didn't get in until after midnight.)

Please enjoy my favorite song from the movie:


Give it up for Sex Bob Omb!

P.S. the soundtrack album will be released July 6th!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Daddy Daughter Days: "The Story of GWEEN"

 In 2021, I found out about a little show called "Camp Camp." The show was created by the recently defunct "Rooster Teeth&quo...