Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Daddy Daughter Days: Just Our Luck...

 Mom was going through some items to get rid of because "In case we have to move again, I'm not hauling all this shit with me." Which, as stupid as this sounds, I kind of feel sad about it. I'm not a hoarder by any means, but that's just my honest to God reaction, I'll figure the answer out SOMEDAY. 


So mom scheduled a pick-up with one of our local charities, no problem! We waited and waited, but they never came to pick up the *at least* 10 boxes of books and toys. And while they did take the toys, all of the books were still left over! So this morning, we called the charity again and they were complaining how "the boxes were too flimsy" and were "too heavy." Flimsy our ass. We used some sturdy Amazon boxes that were just laying around

So since they weren't gonna take our offer, we stopped at Amvets on the way to another errand. My mom and I drove to the donation part of the building. A nice guy came out to help us out.


Guy: So what do you guys have?


Mom: Oh, we just have some books.


Guy: I'm so sorry, we are currently not taking books at this time. 


So much for that.... So we tried stopping at the "City Mission" thrift store. While we did have luck, the employee helping my mom with the boxes was really rude. From now on, we're just gonna donate stuff to Savers or Goodwill. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daddy Daughter Days: "Off To The Movies We Shall Go!"

 My dad and I got to see "South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut" for the movie's 25th anniversary! I'm aware of the fact th...