Saturday, August 13, 2022

Daddy Daughter Days: A Perfect Father Daughter Day

 Dad and his friend were meeting up to work on a project together, and since it would be a while until mom were to come home from work, I tagged along. 

Stop 1) Tim Hortons

Ugh. Our neck of the woods has been INFESTED with Tim Hortons locations. Back in my hometown, we had Krispie Kreme, Dunkin, and a few other local bakeries. But HERE its Tim Hortons, Tim Hortons, Tim Hortons, Dunkin, and Paula's Doughnuts (a local chain). But the food at TH is decent, so I can't complain. So we stopped by and got some Timbits to bring with us! 


Stop 2) Friend's house

Dad and his friend caught up while I kept myself occupied with my 3DS and two cats. The duo (dad and friend) took their work outside (pressure washing chairs) for a bit while I stayed inside, munching on some honey dipped Timbits. Work continued on for a bit and once the chairs were done, we talked for a few before loading up our furniture and going on our merry way.

Those chairs had been sitting a basement for decades and were filthy (and mildewed!) Any fantasy of simply blasting off the gunk without having to sand and repaint were dashed.  MAYBE I can finish up this project and sell the "country kitchen" set before Halloween?

Stop 3) LUNCH!

Pressure washing chairs can sure work up an appetite, so mom suggested we get a bite to eat while the two of us were out. So we stopped at a little joint known as "John's Pizza and Subs" also known as "Home of the ORIGINAL (insert state) Chicken Finger Sub." We got the special consisting of two cheese and pep slices with a medium drink (with a side of cheese sticks). and let me tell ya, the slices were FREAKING MASSIVE!!! Great food, great service. Definitely coming here again! 


Stop 4) That 80s Toy Shop!

We've been meaning to tackle this place for a very long time. And since it was a couple buildings down, and was actually OPEN for a change, why not stop in? (Plus I brought my change purse in case there were any yard sales on our way to the friend's house). And the title sure was not lying when they said they had 80s toys! There were toys from the 80s all the way up to the 2000s and even some from today! A couple plushies I saw caught my eye, those being some Mario (and Sonic) plushies as well as a plush of Nana from Peter Pan. Everything was fairly priced, but we didn't wind up buying anything today. Maybe next time! 


Stop 5) Neighborhood Yard Sales

We hit 2 yard sales on the way home, one where I struck some CDS and Bratz doll accessories (meant for my LPS). The two kind ladies who were running this particular sale were interested in my content since they had seen me before at another yard sale they held last month, so they had me write down my YouTube channels and said they would check it out. Probably won't be impressed at the themes I use for my LPS and other videos. Since those are geared towards YOUNG ADULTS and feature subject matter not meant for innocent eyes. Speaking of, I should get to work on my next video. 

And like the title of this post suggests, I'd say this was the first perfect father daughter day we've had in a while! Tomorrow will be our first day back at pantry in like....A MONTH! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daddy Daughter Days: "Off To The Movies We Shall Go!"

 My dad and I got to see "South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut" for the movie's 25th anniversary! I'm aware of the fact th...