Friday, December 2, 2022

Daddy Daughter Days: Ready To Collapse

 It has been a long day worth of panic attacks. Care to elaborate, dad? I need to decompress.


Mariel's Mom (my wife, BTW) has re-injured the meniscus on her left knee.  It has been very painful, to put it mildly.

Since I have no time off left, I had to go to work. That left driving Mom to the urgent care to her Mom. Spoiler Alert: Just getting in the car was agonizingly painful.

Actually, just finding any kind of doctor who would see her on an "emergency" basis was painful.

She already has an orthopedist, but they couldn't see her for a month. Why? Their highly logical explanation was, "Since you're already our patient, we can't see you on an emergency basis, because of highly ethical reasons!"

The urgent care could not give her a cortisone shot, again because of highly ethical reasons. So that meant after I got home from work, I ran to the pharmacy to pick up some high-powered prednisone pills.

The good new is that within 24 hours, she is getting some relief to the point where she was up and vacuuming the next day.

"Thank you, Pfizer!"
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Daddy Daughter Days: "Off To The Movies We Shall Go!"

 My dad and I got to see "South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut" for the movie's 25th anniversary! I'm aware of the fact th...