Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Daddy Daughter Days: Understanding GEEK CULTURE!

 Dad dug out some old comic books the other day, and two that stood out to both of us were the "Eltingville Club" comics. "Eltingville Club" is a comic series about a group of teenage boys who are die hard fans of famous franchises like Spiderman and Star Wars, and they're willing to collect almost ANYTHING from said franchises. This series was so successful that they got a pilot on Adult Swim (sadly, a full series never came of it.) 


I first saw the pilot when I was 8, after accidentally walking in on my dad watching it. The plot was basically a rehash from one of the comics where two of the teenagers, Josh and Will (I think?) fight over an expensive Star Wars figure. I sat myself down one night all these years later and tuned into the pilot again. And I understand things MUCH better than when I first saw it when I was 8. I've witnessed die hards both online and real life (hey, I'm one of those people myself.) 


Maybe dad and I can sit down and watch the pilot together this evening while I read through the comics?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daddy Daughter Days: "The Story of GWEEN"

 In 2021, I found out about a little show called "Camp Camp." The show was created by the recently defunct "Rooster Teeth&quo...