Sunday, April 16, 2023

Daddy Daughter Days: A BIG Success!

 We woke up bright and early to see "Bluey's Big Play" at the Sheas theater downtown. We planned to leave at around 9:30 so we would get there before it got busy. We got our tickets, passed by the merch table (we didn't buy anything unfortunately because there was no way I'd overpay for something I could get much cheaper at places like Wal-Mart or Target). Went about half an hour admiring the stage design once we got to our seats, I even ran into a friend from my college program and her mom took some photos of us. Then, the show began. 

The show itself played out like your average Bluey episode, albeit extended by an hour and involving the audience of tykes to interact with the characters. The plot itself is what one would expect from Bluey. We got to see the Heeler family go about their day as Bluey and Bingo try to trick their dad, Bandit, into playing with them via hiding his phone. There were a lot of references to previous episodes (Chattermax, Keepy Uppy, and of course, GRANNIES!) You can tell a lot of love and care went into this show from the sets, to even the puppets. Highly recommend seeing this show regardless of how old you are. Bluey is just THAT good! (10\10).

And how about you, dad? I know you haven't seen Bluey as much as I have (and believe me I'll be subjecting you to more of it soon). What are your thoughts on the show? 

I'm a bit outside of the targeted demographic, but I found it to be delightful and well-staged. The choreography of the puppeteers was mind-blowing! 

I'll give it a thumbs-up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daddy Daughter Days: "Off To The Movies We Shall Go!"

 My dad and I got to see "South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut" for the movie's 25th anniversary! I'm aware of the fact th...