Thursday, July 13, 2023

Daddy Daughter Days: Last Day!

 I was really hoping today would be my last day helping at VBS this week. But alas.... Yesterday was in fact, my last day. 

First off, it was one of those nights where me and my mom's group (pre-k) were a little TOO rowdy, which was overwhelming for me. ...We'll get to that in a minute. I think the game we were playing last night was a little too overstimulating for them. It even got to the point where they were throwing squirt guns and beach balls at the outside walls of the church when the kids were asked to put them away. But they managed to calm down during Bible study\snack. 

Secondly, and I know to a lot of people this may sound petty and me being "unreasonable." But I wasn't allowed to game on the job. This was because the youth pastor thought I would be "setting a bad example." And despite what you may think, I WAS keeping an eye on the kids the night before. Gaming is just a grounding technique for me to prevent getting overstimulated with my autism. Mom told me she'll "have a word" with this pastor. I do see the pastor's point in not wanting the kids to be distracted by my 3DS, I get that. The other classes, even the older kids who usually own handheld gaming consoles by this point, didn't even bat an eye. 


Mom told me I don't have to attend the final night (today) if I don't want to since she noticed I was a bit offended by the events of last night. So...I won't be attending. No hate towards anyone involved. But my absence from the VBS will give me a LOT of time to work on projects, and dishes with dad. 

Well, here's some GOOD news!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Daddy Daughter Days: "The Story of GWEEN"

 In 2021, I found out about a little show called "Camp Camp." The show was created by the recently defunct "Rooster Teeth&quo...