Friday, August 18, 2023

Daddy Daughter Days: Technical Difficulties

 Last night, I started having issues with my mic. It all started when I had to restart my computer. No biggie, sometimes things happen. So I hop onto Instagram to start a table read with somebody and when they answered, they said they could not hear me at all. They just heard a buzzing noise. I grabbed my tablet and plugged the charger into the socket behind our computer and started the call from there as I assumed the buzzing was something on the browser's end. 

After the call, I remembered I had just gotten some voice lines from my best friend for our original project, so since I had my tablet with me, I thought I'd rip them to the computer. I plugged my tablet to the soundboard and just as I started recording, there it was. The buzzing noise my friends claimed to have heard on call. I began messing around with the board and got it to stop. I got my friend's lines transferred and thought that would be the end of it. 

...It wasn't.

This morning, I went downstairs as per usual to work on some more projects, but decided to test my mic first. I opened up Audacity and just as I started recording, there it was again. That God forsaken buzzing. I messed with the board like last night, until I noticed something out of the corner of my eye.... It wasn't plugged in all the way. I plugged the board back in and that seemed to have helped in some way.

If this continues, I think it might be time to get a new board. 

Remember this?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Daddy Daughter Days: "The Story of GWEEN"

 In 2021, I found out about a little show called "Camp Camp." The show was created by the recently defunct "Rooster Teeth&quo...