Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Daddy Daughter Days: Why...

 I never thought I'd regret getting a sound chip for one of my Build a Bears, but I do.

So Build a Bear just released their latest Pokémon, Sprigatito! Who just so happens to be my starter in Pokemon Scarlett. 


The store had a fresh stock of these green cats so I picked one out, making sure to check that the face wasn't off model or anything before stuffing. I asked the employee if they had any of the 6-in-one sound chips. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case, but the employee said they could record a sound off their phone. So we agreed to that. The sound wound up being Sprigatito covering 2018's "Despacito" (Remember THAT earworm, dad?) 

I put all my shopping bags in the trunk of the car after my aunt and I finished our trip to the mall, and we were stopping at McDonald's on the way home since we had to return a lamp thanks to it being a potential fire hazard. But every time we would hit a speed bump, Sprigatito would start singing. We thought it was pretty funny, for me that only lasted for a short period of time. 

The entire car ride home, we would hear the grass type Pokémon singing Despacito over... And over...AND OVER AGAIN!!!!

Maybe in the future I can take it back to the store and have the box removed. I hear some stores do that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daddy Daughter Days: "The Story of GWEEN"

 In 2021, I found out about a little show called "Camp Camp." The show was created by the recently defunct "Rooster Teeth&quo...