Sunday, December 31, 2023

Daddy Daughter Days: The End of an Era

 2 years ago, this blog was created. The reason being my dad was taking a break from Facebook, and he decided to go back to his roots to the old glory days of blogging. He had an old blog he ran from the 2000s until about 2011 or so and occasionally posted there. Then I looked at the blog when he started posting there again and stumbled upon an old post when we had a little tradition called "Father Daughter Friday" from when I was a kid (about 3 and a half-4 or so) where one of my dad's old work schedules gave him a 3 day weekend (Friday-Sunday). So we'd spend that Friday driving around to different places that we liked going to. The most common being the park, library, and Krispy Kreme (too bad we don't have any where we currently live). A while later, my dad got a new job and Father Daughter Days were moved to Saturdays instead, and it has been that way ever since.


Well a month ago, my dad came to the agreement that I was old enough to join the book of many faces. My mom wasn't on board with this when dad brought it up to her. But he simply told her that I wasn't a teenager anymore and that I'm mature enough to be on this particular social media platform. ...And we also had a deal that if I wasn't the target of an online argument for a year, I could have my own account (that's a story I will NEVER get into on here). And now that I've been on there, and my dad returning to Facebook back in February. ...I really don't see a reason to continue this blog. 


Blogging on this site was fun, sure. But it no longer has the original purpose from when it was created. So it is with a heavy heart, I come to announce that we will no longer be doing daily blogs on here. We're still keeping this page up, sure. But we just don't see a point in continuing. Thank you for reading.


-Father and Daughter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daddy Daughter Days: "The Story of GWEEN"

 In 2021, I found out about a little show called "Camp Camp." The show was created by the recently defunct "Rooster Teeth&quo...