Thursday, June 24, 2021

Daddy Daughter Days: The Land of Yard Sales

 Ah, yard sales. A home away from home. Sure to some its just some place where you buy a random object for 50 cents and you're done. But that's not the case for me. I'm a collector of plushies, figures, or just anything that appeals to the eye. I'm always pumped when yard sale season starts and my dad and I have been going around to various places because sadly I don't have a driver's license yet. My current fixation is getting a portable DVD player to watch some movies and toons in my room without any disturbance from screaming cats. Sadly when garage sale season comes around, I suck at saving money because I'm just THAT damn pathetic. 




Pictures of my Alvin and the Chipmunks plush collection (plus a Gemmy singing Louis Armstrong)

The fact I managed to wind up with 25 chipmunks and chipettes over the course of a decade is really amazing. As well as snagging a 38 year old Theodore plush (on the top shelf in the right corner next to Brittney) at my local antique shop. I'm hoping to gather more chipettes since Theodore seems to have taken over as the most popular in my collection (I have 5 of him not counting the vintage plush) 

My dad and I are heading to a block sale on Saturday. Hoping to find some great deals there and who knows, maybe find some more chipmunks? 

Dad says, "It's all fun and games until you bring home a rabid chipmunk!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daddy Daughter Days: "The Story of GWEEN"

 In 2021, I found out about a little show called "Camp Camp." The show was created by the recently defunct "Rooster Teeth&quo...