Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Happy Cattiversary!

 Yesterday marked the 4th anniversary of when we adopted our lovable black blob, Belle.  For context, Belle is a black cat that my mom and I adopted in July of 2017. We went to our local "Pet Supplies Plus" by our house where we have a little kitty adoption center sponsored\run by a no kill shelter known as "10 Lives Club" They basically take in cats from overcrowded shelters to prevent them from being put down. The story behind our little Belle is that she and her sisters, Bindi and Bailey were rescued down south after their mother had been killed (likely from a wild animal or being run over by a car) Belle and her sisters were rescued and fostered before the shelter took them in. So my mom and I went to the pet store one day to find that Belle and Bindi were still there (Bailey had been adopted already, we found out about her a few weeks later) it took one millisecond before we quickly grew attached to Belle. Bindi was too busy sleeping to care. So when we got home, I was telling my dad about Belle and Bindi and he offered me a deal that if I would clean the kitty boxes for a week, then I could adopt Belle....um....that didn't last too long sadly. 

About 2 days later, mom called the shelter to ask if the two adorable twins were still available. The volunteer working there said YES they were indeed there. She offered us both but as much as we would have loved to keep them together, we already had 2 other cats at the time, Tucky (17, deceased) and Chloe (then 15), and we didn't want to overwhelm them with two 4-month-old kittens rampaging through the house. We went to the pet store, adopted Belle, and the rest is history. 

So....what happened afterwards?

When we brought our little black ball of energy home, she soon met our two other cats. Tucky being the one she warmed up to the most, it took him a couple of days to get used to her, and he did. I would constantly find the 2 snuggling together by one of our cabinets. That night when my dad arrived home from work after receiving a text from mother that the cat was home, I remember the first words from his mouth were "Alright where's the little monster" before Belle kindly walked out and plopped in front of him. Belle and my dad never really had the BEST relationship in the past 4 years, but our little blob is slowly warming up to him. 

Present day?

Here's a picture of our little meatloaf 4 years later. 


A little back-story, folks. At one time we had four (yes, FOUR) cats. We were "down" to two and on our way to the optimum number, which is zero.

And then this happened.

As noted above, Tuck passed away not long after Belle made her appearance.  With Chloe now heading toward 19, it won't be long before another cat shows up here. I. Just. Know It.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daddy Daughter Days: "The Story of GWEEN"

 In 2021, I found out about a little show called "Camp Camp." The show was created by the recently defunct "Rooster Teeth&quo...