Tuesday, August 3, 2021

SAVERS UPDATE!!!!!

 Mother and I stopped at Savers on our way back from the neurologist (who was a tad bit bitchy today for some reason...) and we scored some good finds! My mom got a new shirt and purse, while I scored some plushies. 


(the first being this Santa Bub)

Now my mom and I are HUGE Lil Bub fans. We've known about this little "alien cat" since 2019 during the kitty litter promotion, both of us were really heartbroken when we found out Bub had passed away in December of that year, a week after my birthday no less. I had gotten a larger Bub plush for my birthday at the time too, so good thing we got that one when I did. So today when looking through the plush section, I was checking out those little grab bags where you get a bunch of random plushies? I've had good luck with them when I find something for my AATC beanie babies collection (27 and counting) and as soon as I saw the "tush tag" that read "Lil Bub" on it, I quickly snatched the bag right off the shelf before anyone else could.... I also just checked Ebay at the time of typing this and found NO LISTINGS for this plush....


Next up, Sheriff Callie!

When I was younger (I'd say somewhere between the ages of 7-9 maybe) Disney had a MASSIVE upgrade with their popular "Playhouse Disney" block by rebranding it to "Disney Jr." and with that, they brought some pretty amazing content with it! Sadly I've grown up without cable most of my childhood (but was still able to watch cable networks sometimes) so I wouldn't watch a lot of Disney Jr. that often. So back on topic, a few of the shows released were: Sophia the First (kind of meh), Doc MCStuffins (I was hooked on this show when it came out!!!!), Jake and the Neverland Pirates (some of my friends liked this show but I didn't watch it) and about 2 or so years after the rebrand, Sheriff Callie's Wild West released, I was 10 going on 11 when it came out and kind of moved on from the Disney Junior phase. I had heard about this show through the grapevine around the time of its release and was THE show for preschoolers (along with Doc MCStuffins) back at my old homeschool group. The show is actually pretty good, the theme song is really catchy! (got it stuck in my head the past few days) and the CGI looks great for its time and has aged well. So while I was with my mom looking at clothes, I just so happened to spot a Callie plush up front and I just HAD to have it! I'm gonna watch the show via Kimcartoon soon but I just COULDN'T resist this adorable plush. So here she is in plush quarantine. speaking of which....


good ol' T-Bone (pardon my mom's arm in the shot)

Spotted this lil fella in the back of the store with the grab bags and other plushies. I always wanted a T-Bone plush as a kid but only managed to get Cleo and Clifford (still have them.) So I picked him up and didn't notice until I showed him to my mom that there were a couple stains on the back of his head, they're very small and nothing a little cleaning can't fix. WRONG! We couldn't get them off, but I don't care, but I feel bad for grossing my mom out when she saw him ^^; So he and Callie are in plush quarantine for the next 3 days. 

Plush quarantine is a new rule my mom recently enacted around the start of Covid last year. Where any plush that's not in a grab bag MUST sit out someplace in the house UNTOUCHED for 3 days. In this case, our duo are spending the next few days by my desk before going to my plush dungeon shortly after. Thus ending a fun day at the thrift store. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daddy Daughter Days: "Off To The Movies We Shall Go!"

 My dad and I got to see "South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut" for the movie's 25th anniversary! I'm aware of the fact th...