Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Daddy Daughter Days: In Loving Memory

 This usually isn't a sort of post that my dad and I would make. But it breaks my heart to say that our beloved Chloe passed away yesterday afternoon. 

(She's the one laying down)

My mom found Chloe almost 20 years ago when driving home from work and noticing a little black kitten laying on the side of the road, my mom pulled over and went to look. Just as she reached for the kitten, two big green eyes looked up at my mom, giving the "What took you so long?" face. After that, my mom took the kitten home and she had been living with us (and our at the time, 3 other cats) for years to come. 

Yesterday morning, Chloe had collapsed on the kitchen floor just as we were about to start school, she couldn't walk and kept tilting her body to the left side. My mom and I knew she would be leaving us at any moment. We each took turns looking after Chloe while we'd take care of some small chores around the house. We had made a vet appointment for 3:15 for Chloe to be put to sleep. We'll be getting her cremated and will be getting her ashes back in 2 weeks. 

What a way to end off the first month of 2022. What a fucking drag....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daddy Daughter Days: "The Story of GWEEN"

 In 2021, I found out about a little show called "Camp Camp." The show was created by the recently defunct "Rooster Teeth&quo...