Saturday, April 16, 2022

Daddy Daughter Days: The Slump

 I've been feelin down the past few days. It mostly stems from one of my famous slumps (with Gilbert Gottfried's death contributing). Now I can already hear the Karens saying things like, "oh he was just a celebrity." No. Gilbert wasn't JUST a celebrity, but a celebrity that meant a great deal to mine (and many other's) childhoods.

I mean...At least his death brought back my fixation on Cyberchase!

But no worries, I'll just tough it out like every other depressed human being on this crummy planet. 


So the morning started off smoothly, watched some Simpsons with my dad while we ate breakfast. Just as I get to my cup of hot cocoa (I have 1 cup every morning with some meds mixed in it). Take a sip... The cocoa tasted a little too sweet. So I look over at my dad.


M: Did you mix this in all the way?


Dad: I thought I did *he then takes the mug out of my hands and starts mixing it with a spoon he grabbed from the kitchen*.


Some mixing later and, while the cocoa was still pretty sweet for my taste, I drank it anyway. Now I'm making plans to run an errand with my dad. Basically he needs to get an Easter card for mom, and thought today would be perfect to grab one while she was at work. 


M: You know, I've been wanting to go to the Goodwill lately. Maybe we could go after you get the card?


Dad: Wait. Is the City Mission (local thriftstore) open on Saturday?


M: *realizes today is Saturday* Oh. Yeah it is. 


In short. Our plan is:


1) Go to Walgreens to grab Easter card

2) Stop at City Mission in the same plaza

3) Goodwill.


And for dinner? BURGER KING! 

Do burgers come from SWOODEN?!

Update: Spent a total of $12 on my thrifting ventures. While at City Mission, I suggested we also go to Amvets (another local chain in our neck of the woods). And since it was just up the street from where we were, off on our merry way we went. FYI, I didn't find anything at City Mission. I normally don't have luck there to begin with. 

Amvets finds

Right as I walk in, I spot this big orange puffball. No price tag to be spotted, but I look at its tush tag and see that its from Universal Studios Orlando!!!! Specifically their "Harry Potter" attraction. Now all I knew in terms of any cats in the franchise was the fact that one of the professors had the power to turn into a cat. (I didn't get past movie number 5). But after mom saw the cat, she told me this was one of the main character's pet cat! Who I recently found out was named "Crookshanks." 

I also found a new tail for my fursuit nights as well as some DVDS to bulk my library. 

Goodwill finds. 


Now last time I set foot in this Goodwill was in February 2020, before we all went under lockdown. And during that time, I didn't have any luck with this location 9 times out of 10. But today, I struck a couple deals. 

Now the first thing I found was simply out of guilty pleasure and for laughs. I make my way towards the plush section and WHAT DO I SEE? None other than 

Yes. This was the FIRST thing I saw. Now look, we're liberals in this household, and hate lord cheetoface with a burning passion. But seeing THIS monstrosity out in the wild was a dead score! I see my dad not too far away and I run over to him. 

M: DAD! DAD! I FOUND A TRUMPY BEAR!

Dad cringes at the sound of those two words. 

Ok, a little backstory. My dad caught wind of this commercial back in 2017, and my mom did too. Both of them thought it was a silly SNL skit, but both were proven wrong. This thing is legit and exists. And unfortunately for us, found at our local Goodwill. 

To put it short: I spend $3.50 on a Trumpy Bear just so I could live to tell the tale. Not sure where to put it other than in my closet. 

Next up was this Chantilly Lane bear (my long time friend and I own a few of these). 
Meet FANCY! (Yes. That is her name).

Like Crookshanks, she didn't have a price tag either. But man was she just too cute to leave behind. Fancy sports an outfit similar to that of "Alice in Wonderland" but with a Valentine's touch. She sings "Every Little Second." and sports a watch and necklace with the same phrase. 

So two pretty good finds for a good price.

Then my lion came in the mail this afternoon. 
More on him tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Daddy Daughter Days: "The Story of GWEEN"

 In 2021, I found out about a little show called "Camp Camp." The show was created by the recently defunct "Rooster Teeth&quo...