Saturday, June 11, 2022

Daddy Daughter Days: Easy Like a Saturday Morning!

 Woke up at about 7:04 in the AM. Mom and dad were having their breakfast while I started to rise from my fortress of slumber and talk to my good friend from overseas. Some time passes by and the missus clocks out for work. 


My official morning started off with me and dad rewatching the "Chip N Dale: Rescue Rangers" movie owing to my dad not watching the whole thing the first time and me not being a tired nauseous mess. 

So just as we finished the movie, I brought up a yard sale that was being advertised in the neighborhood. So before we left, dad and I did a quick search of the local Craigslist to see if there were any other sales worth pursuing. We wound up finding one that wasn't TOO far from us, but was in the same route I take to get to my therapist's office. 


Before I get to that part, I scored a Barbie doll at the one sale in our neighborhood. It was a doll from that line of badly animated CGI movies! 

I got Liana (the one in the pink and orange dress). My doll's hair could use a little restyling but overall a really cool find! (Hope I can find Alexa in the future, she was my favorite in the movie). 


Moving onto the block sale! This was where I truly struck gold! At first I wound up getting a couple movies for a dollar, leaving me with $9 to spare. Dad and I do some walking on this nice Summer day and whaddya know it, I found a huge bin of Build a Bear clothes for a buck each. Knowing my Honey Girls wouldn't mind a few extra outfits thrown into the mix, I dove right in. (Plus, Viv barely has any clothes since most of them are for Teegan, Keely, Risa, and Misha). Once I picked my outfits out of the large quantity, I went up to the kind people and paid for my purchases. 


Just as dad and I turn to walk away


Lady: Did you see any bears you wanted?


Me: Oh um..Yeah!


Lady: Go pick one out for free. 


We then walk over where I went through the small selection of Build a Bears and Webkinz they had, where I ultimately settled on a World Wildlife Fund leopard (I named him Daniel) and we made our way home! 

Here's todays outcome!


A nice way to spend a Saturday morning I must say! 
And here's Viv wearing her new outfit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daddy Daughter Days: "Off To The Movies We Shall Go!"

 My dad and I got to see "South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut" for the movie's 25th anniversary! I'm aware of the fact th...