Sunday, September 18, 2022

Daddy Daughter Days: What's Up, Doc?

 Was gonna pull out another VHS update yesterday, but there was too much going on. But we're here now!

So we finished that Pokemon episode where it treated us to a Team Rocket music video shortly after. A few commercials and bumpers later and we tune into Sylvester and Tweety Mysteries! This Looney Tunes spin-off is just what it sounds like. Sylvester and Tweety get into all sorts of shenanigans followed by Granny and Hector. We got two episodes but I only managed to take photos of one. Each episode brought a callback to other LT characters that I had never heard about up until that point! 



I thought the show was ok. Very underrated though since I've never heard this series be brought up ONCE! There was a LT character in the second episode where dad explained a joke with said character from a Bugs Bunny cartoon. I'll let him elaborate on that when he gets his two cents in.

Pete Puma showed up for no apparent reason to be Sylvester's antagonist. Also, Cool Cat put in a cameo appearance. Again, for no reason. I give this series an attaboy for staying true to the model sheets and eschewing the spastic squash and stretch on display in the Animaniacs series. (This is the faintest of praise, but all I can  muster, here.)

Next up, "Chances Are." A cheesy romantic comedy from the 1980s.... Am I the only one seeing red flags here????

HERE is the Wikipedia page on this film.  I dunno...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Daddy Daughter Days: "The Story of GWEEN"

 In 2021, I found out about a little show called "Camp Camp." The show was created by the recently defunct "Rooster Teeth&quo...