Thursday, April 20, 2023

Daddy Daughter Days: Lost...Found....Lost Again...FOUND!

 Lost media has always been n interesting subject for me. Some people look for lost merchandise, others look for lost shows\cartoons. For me (and many others in the community), it was a film that had been lost to time for almost 20 years.... 

Now I'm sure everybody and their dead relatives know what Alvin and the Chipmunks is. I grew up with the live action movies *that everyone complains about* and DESPISE the Nickelodeon adaptation. 

But what if I told you that there was another Alvin movie that dates a full 4 years prior to the live action films? Well, in 2003, Bagdasarian Productions created a direct to video movie called "Little Alvin and the Mini Munks" where they used my dad's LEAST favorite cartoon trope...Make the chipmunks babies. (Though, everyone except Eleanor are toddlers\kids in this film). And instead of animation, they went the puppet route which was something I really wouldn't expect. I actually managed to sit through the whole thing in the course of 3 days and it's actually not that bad! 

The plot is simple, Dave drops Alvin and his siblings off to a friend's house for a few days while he has to go on a business trip to do some song writing. Antics then ensue after that. I wouldn't call the songs "bad" since this is geared towards pre-k aged children and I'm uhhhh almost 2 decades past that. They're ok and have more of a feel towards the Saturday morning cartoon from the 80s and 90s (which was the human\chipmunk hybrid design DONE RIGHT). Mini Munks was on YouTube for a while, but recently got taken down due to copyright claims. BUT it is available on Archive.org!

So if you wanna watch a 20 year old film about talking and singing baby chipmunks? Head to Archive.org! And let's hope that this movie doesn't get lost again...

Here's the LINK!

Meanwhile, in the distant land of EBay... 

My first AG doll!
I was gonna settle on getting Samantha, but sheesh! The original dolls from the company's humble beginnings are EXPENSIVE (yes, even on EBay). So I'm settling for their Girl of the Year 2009 doll, Chrissa Maxwell. 

I actually had no idea they made a doll for her. I only grew up with the movies (the ones I saw were Chrissa, Makenzie *I think*, Kit, and Samantha). Currently looking at clothes and accessories on Marketplace. But first, I'm gonna blow $65 plus shipping on an over 10 year old doll. Why? Because I'm accomplishing a childhood dream no low income NC family could afford. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Daddy Daughter Days: "Off To The Movies We Shall Go!"

 My dad and I got to see "South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut" for the movie's 25th anniversary! I'm aware of the fact th...