Friday, September 8, 2023

Daddy Daughter Days: Little Me Would Be So Proud

 Yesterday, while mindlessly browsing YouTube, I found a video. And not just any old video, but something that debunked a 15 year mystery that I was always curious about. 

Not a lot of people remember this show, and understandably so as it wasn't as well known as other children's media of past and present. But being a kid that grew up in one of the worst parts of the Carolinas, I was subjected to a lot mixed media when it came to our local PBS station. We had locally broadcasted shows like "Lomax: The Hound of Music" and....Ugh.... "The Enviropals" (seriously that show was terrible). But one show that falls under the category of mascot\puppetry in today's discussion is a little show called "Raggs."


"Raggs" was a TV show that ran from... Let's see... 2006 to 2008. The show is about an all dog band facing everyday, slice of life adventures. To say I liked this show as a kid would be an understatement, because I was (and still am) a sucker for all things puppetry related. But something that always boggled me as a kid was "how do they make the characters talk like that?" Which I recently found out that there were people performing in the suits that would later be dubbed over by voice actors (basically like what they did with Barney). ...Sorry, younger Mariel. It was NOT animatronics. 

But another thing that seemed to cross my mind were the concert segments of each episode. And how were they filmed? And the most common question I asked was "Is there gonna be a Raggs concert in Fayetteville? If so, can we PLEEEEEEEEEEASE go???" Yes, that's how obsessed I was with this show. Luckily, I got my answer yesterday. When someone posted footage from a Raggs LIVE SHOW to their YouTube channel. the footage dates back to 2010 (no surprise there) and the show is split up into 4 videos at about 10 minutes each. 


Nothing planned this weekend other than earning a little extra salary for the "World's Largest Yard Sale" next weekend. So this will give me time to work on those Camp Camp audio fanfics. My friend is supposed to be giving me her lines tomorrow. 

This is the best thing I've made by far.

A Rage Quit Christmas...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daddy Daughter Days: "The Story of GWEEN"

 In 2021, I found out about a little show called "Camp Camp." The show was created by the recently defunct "Rooster Teeth&quo...