Sunday, July 25, 2021

Daddy Daughter Days: The Dollar Store Challenge Was......

 A SUCCESS! Well....kinda.... You see, we DID get the food but we wound up going to 2 different Dollar Trees just to get food. My dad got some chili and tortillas for his dinner and I got some frozen meals and candy for mine (with a complementary rubber shark toy from the 50 cent machines I love so much) the first location sadly didn't carry frozen food which left us with chili, tortillas, and some cereal bowls that the missus wanted us to pick up while we were there. So then we went to a second location where I got my dinner (thank goodness) So here's our rating on the food we had tonight. 

Dinnah is served!

Nerds Gummy Clusters: Not too bad, some of the nerd flavors (orange and grape) I didn't quite like but overall good snack. (9\10)

Dollar Store Cinnamon Bun: A classic snack food. Gooey and delicious! (10\10)

Pop N Chicken and Fries: Childhood food item right here, reminded me of a diner me and my family would go to that had the same type of french fries in the shape of emojis. (10\10)

Cheese Sticks: REALLY GOOD! I was genuinely impressed at how good these dollar store sticks were made. perfect bread to cheese ratio (10\10)

Choclate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich: Pretty good! Not a bad treat but pretty good! (8\10)

Overall, my dinner was $6 well spent 

Canned Chili (with beans): Off to a rocky start with this one.  I opened the can and there was a 1/4" discus of some sort of reddish lard on top of everything. I skimmed that mess off and put the rest of it in a saucepan to heat on the stove; it has turned very soupy - like a chili chowder. I was going to make some ersatz burritos with the tortillas, but no way, Jose! I thought about buying some rice to go with the chili and I think it would have saved the day.  The beans are not kidney beans, but rather those Van Camp "pork-and-beans" kind of beans.  Edible but not something I'm going to revisit. (3/10)

Tortillas:  Am heating them up in a pan to crisp 'em up a bit.  These are gluten-free corn tortillas.  Not bad; they would make good cheese quesadillas. (8/10)

Overall, $2 down the drain. 😒

This was definitely a fun activity! Would we do it again, OBVIOUSLY! But....let's hope dad can get something better next time. Next time we do this, it'll be Dollar General. Catch ya later! -Mariel

Next time, we'll get some Tasty Toaster Tarts!


This guy is definitely
livin' the dream! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Daddy Daughter Days: "The Story of GWEEN"

 In 2021, I found out about a little show called "Camp Camp." The show was created by the recently defunct "Rooster Teeth&quo...