Thursday, July 29, 2021

Daddy Daughter Days: South Park Has Returned

 Well. I'm officially back into South Park, I used to use the initial, SP. But that would get me or my friends confused with Scott Pilgrim, another franchise I enjoy (and....am kinda making a music video dedicated to my favorite character, Kim Pine) Sooooo here's a bit of background info about how I got into South Park.

So when me and my family moved out of our house in North Carolina, we were staying with my grandma until we found a place to stay, sadly all my King of the Hill boxsets were in the storage unit and we forgot to pack them in a separate box. So I didn't really have much to watch TV show wise aside from a few Bob's Burgers episodes ripped to DVD or YouTube. So shortly after, I was desperately searching for an adult TV show for my 13 and a half year old brain to be kept entertained, first we tried Family Guy. Bought a few boxsets at a thrift store for only a few dollars each and got to watching them. One of my favorite episodes was the one where Peter and the guys formed a family band thanks to Meg's excellent singing. Sadly mother wasn't too keen on it after Peter dropped an F bomb in an episode I was watching (on Christmas Eve surprisingly....) So we shelved the boxsets which brought me back to my search...

Then while I was on YouTube, I found a video someone made of an LPS (Littlest Pet Shop) parody of the South Park movie, specifically the scene where the kids swear in class. So I watched it and I saw in the videos section an image that seemed very familiar to me.. It was an image of the original scene from the movie, then it hit me, I remembered catching my dad watching either South Park or Dr. Katz a few times when I was a toddler. So that night I told my mom about it and she was alright with me watching South Park. 

Boy was that half a mistake...

This newfound obsession led me to buying a TON of merchandise off Ebay and other places. My most notable being a poster my dad and I found for $10 and a Kenny plush from a yard sale at $3. Needless to say South Park was my go-to show until early 2020 when well....Home Movies came along. 

However... there's one character that the companies behind South Park merch NEED to make merch of! 

                  

I mean, if you can make a Randy plush, you can SURELY make one of the Mayor, right????

Hey, how about making, oh, I don't know... some more episodes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daddy Daughter Days: "The Story of GWEEN"

 In 2021, I found out about a little show called "Camp Camp." The show was created by the recently defunct "Rooster Teeth&quo...