Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Daddy Daughter Days: Written While Bedridden

 Today I went to the hospital for an endoscopy. And good gravy was it a hellhouse. We get there, call to get admitted, things seem to be going fine, right?

(one hour later)

Me, my mom, and my dad are still waiting in the car. Nothing from the people in admins.... So my mom calls and they all get everything set up. And things SEEMED to go smooth sailing from there, my mom and I got to the room, watched a bit of South Park, and then I was wheeled back to get knocked out. The procedure had went on for about 20 minutes before I was wheeled back to my room and woke up a few minutes later. I'll let my dad elaborate on what happened....until then? Time to watch some more South Park. 

I also plan on catching up with my best friend, who has been to the hospital loads of times before. Where he lives its about 6:45 pm right now as for me its 3 hours ahead....check mate. Anyways go ahead, dad. 

Mostly, I just sat in the car between 9:00 am and 4:00 pm with a break for lunch.

Even the diner's service was slower than slow, just to keep the theme going. But, on the up side, that egg salad sandwich was delicious.

Oh, yeah. The doctor told Mom (whose birthday, as I type this, is today) she'd send three prescriptions to the drug store.  Of course they only got two sent over and one of them needs further authorization from the Department of Death, uh, I mean out "health care provider."

But, hey! At least I had a day off from work, so there's that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daddy Daughter Days: "The Story of GWEEN"

 In 2021, I found out about a little show called "Camp Camp." The show was created by the recently defunct "Rooster Teeth&quo...