Sunday, July 18, 2021

Daddy Daughter Days: We All Con for Comic-Con

 Today was a blast, father daughter day is back on schedule. Today started off with my usual cereal with no milk (seriously, lucky charms just taste better without milk in my opinion) before suiting up to go to the local comic con happening today. There sadly wasn't much I found other than some comic books that I passed on for another time, but did snag a cool Scott Pilgrim pin and a Bisexual pride kitty pin.


Soon after, father and I made our way to Joann fabrics to grab some material he needed for a project. They somehow have a cosplay section now!? I poked around there first to see what they had to offer when really it was just different fabrics you could use for a cosplay (heh go figure) but hey, at least we got the fabric, right? 

After that, we made our way to Burger King for lunch. Tried the ChicKing sandwich and honestly, its much better than the MCDonald's chicken sandwich. Of course, once we arrived home, our 18 year old cat could smell my sandwich from a mile away (she LOVES chicken) so yeah, pretty successful day! This weekend will be a trip to The Delightful Octopus.

I'm pretty stoked about the vinyl fabric cover I found:



My buddy Bill and I are making a "Mini-Me" version of this speaker cabinet, and finding a match for the covering has been quite the low-level ordeal.


Now... to find the right kind of speaker cloth!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daddy Daughter Days: "The Story of GWEEN"

 In 2021, I found out about a little show called "Camp Camp." The show was created by the recently defunct "Rooster Teeth&quo...