Saturday, August 28, 2021

Daddy Daughter Days: How I've Missed You!

 Today has been very VERY bittersweet. Let's get the bitter parts out of the way first. 


The Poundstone concert: I finally got enough money for me and my dad's tickets. But of course, like every other thing I want to accomplish, there is a BIG BUMP in the road.... Of course, masks and vaccines are required, BUT GET THIS, you have to wait 2 weeks after your second shot. Now forgive me for sounding like a "Karen" but I am a bit annoyed with this as by that time, It won't even be 3 days after my 2nd shot. But don't worry, my dad and I will find a way.... I may be stubborn but I don't give up easily. 

The Slowboat to Home...: Checked on Melissa today to see where she is now. STILL IN FRICKIN TRANSIT "Arriving Late" This seems to be a running theme with any time I've ordered from Budsies. I won't blame it directly on them since it isn't their fault, its mostly the location of their HQ that's at fault, Budsies is located in Florida, where COVID has invaded and claimed the most victims thanks to its horrible governor. So its not Budsies at fault, more so the post office\the location. So I'll still be a regular to the plush making webstie.

That's all I remember off the top of my head.... now let's get to the parts I DID look forward too!

My mom and I went to a yard sale that her and my dad's church were hosting, I don't claim the church as my own cuz I'm not an official member and the fact that I don't believe in God. I've missed shopping at thrift shops and yard sales so it was nice to get a breath of that fresh air.... I wound up getting some cartoons for my cinema and a few toys.... along with the soundtrack from "Grease" (AKA one of my dad's MANY definition's of hell.) I have listened to tracks 1-10 I think.... and all the songs are actually quite good! Well except for track 7.... GOD WAS THAT AWFUL! But after listening to songs like "Greased Lightning" and "Hopelessly Devoted to You" I can DEFINITELY see where Home Movies' "Bye Bye Greasy" had some of its songs based off of, like Alone in a Leather for example, its definitely based off of "hopelessly Devoted to You" to an extent. Maybe that's just me, idk.... and MCGuirk's infamous "I'll Race" song is based off of "Greased Lightning."

"I'll Race!"

"Alone in a Leather" 
(I thought I had a picture of Shannon on top of MCGuirk's car! Oh well...)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Daddy Daughter Days: "The Story of GWEEN"

 In 2021, I found out about a little show called "Camp Camp." The show was created by the recently defunct "Rooster Teeth&quo...