Sunday, August 1, 2021

Daddy Daughter Days: Pizza and Making Plans

 So I was thinking next Sunday could be a DOLLAR STORE MOVIE NIGHT!!!! The plot is pretty much the same as last time, my dad and I spend 10 each on snacks and other food for movie night (the movie in question being Scott Pilgrim VS The World) My mom and I are looking for some better Dollar Tree locations since the one by our house is pretty small and one of the locations dad and I went to didn't have frozen food. There's a location by one of the local malls I wanna go to that day. So I might check that one out, if that one's a fail, we could always stop at the one by our house or by my grandma's (where I went last time. (plus, this would be a good excuse for me to get my hands on those delicious dollar store cheese sticks from last time.) 

In other news, today me and dad have decided to relax today after a hectic weekend of endoscopies, medications up the wazoo, and so on. The two of us had recently gotten into Beastars, a Netflix anime that came out last year. Think of it as Zootopia but MUCH darker... 


I'm personally not too big on Beastars but I will watch it on occasion with my dad. Still a pretty good show, highly recommend it if you're a furry or are getting into the fandom! Anyways here's my dad. 

Yeah, I caught the first season of Beastars last year. Mariel says she turned me on to it, but I think it might have been a Saberspark YouTube video.

I'm not big on Anime, so some of the story telling is weird to me. But I am very impressed with the visuals and the voice-acting of the English dub. I grew up with the stilted "Speed Racer" vocal dubs!  Whoever is voicing Legoshi sounds like Steven Wright!

The graphic quality of the (I'm assuming) motion-capture is pretty cool, too. None of that creepy/crappy Polar Express "Uncanny Valley" look.

The old man and I just got back from our local ice cream stand, we got ourselves some chocolate milkshakes as we had both been dying for them lately, so why not kill some time in the evening to get ourselves a little something....right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daddy Daughter Days: "The Story of GWEEN"

 In 2021, I found out about a little show called "Camp Camp." The show was created by the recently defunct "Rooster Teeth&quo...