Saturday, August 7, 2021

Daddy Daughter Days: Saving....Lots and Lots of Saving.....

 So. My dad and I will be taking a step back from yard sales for about a month for the time being. Why? Cuz I'm saving up for our tickets to the Paula Poundstone concert. Cuz, I checked how much it would be for 2 people....let's just say it isn't all that cheap.... 

BIG YIKES!

I've currently saved $15 of the $83.68 checkpoint. My work shift along with general chores should help me get a little extra cash to afford the tickets. So today, my dad and I are probably gonna just stay home and work on some side projects. I still REALLY wanna do another Dollar Store dinner sometime but that shall be at a later date. 

I scored another MEP part today where I will be editing Dixie and Cash from Fox and the Hound 2! (They're a popular choice in the editing\animash community) so there's some content along with a couple more short animatics of one of my many OCS. 

ALSO!!!!!

My mom and I are getting vaccinated soon! 

We've been a bit hesitant about getting the vaccination cuz of some bad side effects in a couple of them like false positives for breast cancer and blood clots. And father has been trying to get us to go for quite some time now, (even using Olivia Rodrigo's visit to The White House as a way of convincing me) So looks like we've got a very interesting week or so for the family here! Now here's father with his 2 cents.

I spent a few hours at my friend's house working on a top secret project.

OK, it's not really that glamourous.  We're building a small speaker cabinet... for no reason at all!

I bought some vinyl covering and we spent a few hours cutting panels of it to size.  Then we had to paint on a thick coating of contact cement.  As soon as I turned my back, the covering rolled up like one of the dead sea scrolls and got glue all over the side that wasn't supposed to be glued. 

What. A. Mess. It was like Laurel and Hardy, except neither Laurel nor Hardy would have been that stupid.


We managed to get one side of the cabinet covered, which was a bit tricky because
 of how the corners came together. But now, having done one side, we'll know what to do and, perhaps more importantly, what not to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daddy Daughter Days: "The Story of GWEEN"

 In 2021, I found out about a little show called "Camp Camp." The show was created by the recently defunct "Rooster Teeth&quo...