Friday, August 6, 2021

Daddy Daughter Days: Thai'd Up

 My parent's anniversary is finally here.... Its amazing to think they got married 30+ years ago, wound up with 4 cats, then ME! But what will the family be doing to celebrate? Go out for Thai food of course!!! I'll most likely get some McDonalds or something on the way home cuz I'm like...the pickiest eater on the planet. Hell I'm VERY MUCH convinced that I may have food neophobia. BUT!!!!! I may try a small appetizer cuz well, like my dad said "At least try SOMETHING" so why not. 


In other news, which has left me very devastated... The popular PBS Kids show, Arthur, will be ending its run in 2022 after 25 years on air. Arthur was commonly known as PBS Kids' longest running cartoon show. I grew up on PBS Kids for a good 13 years of my childhood (cuz we didn't have cable or good internet access at our old house) up until we moved where I have a better access to the internet. Now....there could be 3 good reasons as to why the show is ending.

1) The Mr. Ratburn Controversy from 2019.

For context, a couple of years ago, Arthur released an episode where the well known teacher, Mr. Ratburn, would be getting married. Only to find out that at the wedding, he would be marrying someone of the same sex. This sparked a TON of backlash from the conservative ❄s out there, with Alabama flat out REFUSING to air the episode cuz well....its Alabama, what do you expect? So this reason may be likely? Though I'm not so sure...

2) Making room for new shows. 

PBS has been airing a lot of new shows. most of then not really being all that good these days, then again I'm just someone in my late teens judging a channel I haven't watched since I was 13. But sometimes I will watch PBS either out of boredom or for nostalgia. But this reason is possibly the most likely as the executives over at the network are like "Ah screw it, let's just replace it with some other show." 


3) Mark Brown's Own Decision.

This one is also probably the most likely, but depending on whether or not Mark Brown, the creator of Arthur, was involved with anything moneywise from the show (which there is a good chance he was) he would have continued with the show, if he wasn't getting any extra money from like PBS or other networks that ran Arthur. There's a chance he has decided to call it quits. (Well....he kind of already did, as of Winter 2022) This along with the second theory are most likely could be why Arthur will be closing the curtains once and for all. 

It truly is 


Father? Do you have anything to comment on this tragic news?

Well, there's always Arthur, All Grown Up:






There's always a chance the characters, themselves, will come up with some new shows...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Daddy Daughter Days: "The Story of GWEEN"

 In 2021, I found out about a little show called "Camp Camp." The show was created by the recently defunct "Rooster Teeth&quo...