Thursday, August 5, 2021

Daddy Daughter Days: What AREN'T Q-Tips Used For?

 So my dad went to and ENT (As noted previously) and well....he was given a heads up that you apparently SHOULD NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE use Q-Tips to clean your ears.... So my dad asked the doctor "Well what are they used for then?" and the doctor replies "To remove makeup." Soo, an incoming dad joke with a little bit of sarcasm jumps in with "Fine, I'll just start wearing makeup." Soooo I guess I can't use Q-Tips anymore.... Which is odd cuz I use those fuzzy toothpicks all throughout the day. Doctors these days....y'know?

Seriously, what am I supposed to do every time my inner ear itches? Take time off from work and shell out a $45 co-pay to have this guy's assistant turn the "Ear-i-gator" fire hose on me? What's hilarious, is that my primary care doctor sent me to the E.N.T. because there was "so much wax that she couldn't see my ear drum!"  The E.NT. doctor took one look and said there was no wax at all.  Doctors, these days... y'know?

In other news, due to recent peer pressure on TikTok, I download the infamous "Talking Angela 2" game. For those who have been living under a rock, this game is part of a franchise of a game called "Talking Tom" where you have a grey kitten that will repeat anything you say.... yes.... anything.... Since then it has spawned a string of other games, a web series, toys, and whatever merchandise you're willing to shell money out for. 

The game I've been playing in particular, as mentioned above is "My Talking Angela 2" which was available on the Amazon App store (as are all of the other talking Tom games.) The game is pretty simple, you get your own cat (obviously named Angela) and you do the basic feed, clean, bathe, and rinse and repeat. However, you can also do fun mini games like baking, and performing concerts. There is however, one teensy problem for some people in this world.... one word, microtransactions. This is where the moneybags come in for Angela and all of her talking friends, yes, you can get a ton of free things like money, gems, and activity tokens. BUT! There is another alternative to getting the mentioned items, it requires a back account or credit card, and that sweet sweet dough.... This is sadly a common thing with apps like this, you get a good amount of free items but the app will fall to its knees and beg for your wallet. I'm currently getting all of my items for free as these transactions are all but optional. 

Don't give me that look., Angie. 

Overall, this game is a really good play, well...minus the constant ads and the deadly microtransactions. Highly recommend it as well as the first Angela game where you can raise her from a baby to I guess teenager? That shall be all on MY end. I'll let my dad speak now <3

Not much more to add. We're going for Thai food on Friday in honor of my wedding anniversary.  (Aw, come on, Mariel. At least try something!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daddy Daughter Days: "The Story of GWEEN"

 In 2021, I found out about a little show called "Camp Camp." The show was created by the recently defunct "Rooster Teeth&quo...