Saturday, September 18, 2021

Daddy Daughter Days: Another Day, Another Con.

 Kickin it weekend style! My dad doesn't have to cover for anybody today for a change since the co worker in question is supposed to return Monday. But in the meantime.... WE'RE GOING TO ANOTHER COMIC-CON!!! I'll be going as an oldie but a goodie, Carol MCCormick from South Park. I haven't gone to a public outing in the costume for 2 years and just thought it'd be her time to shine. 

(Circa 2019)

The only thing that'll be missing are the braces (which have since been taken off as of last November) and now that I'm fully vaccinated, I won't need to wear a mask! Though... I'll take one with me just in case. 

And tomorrow... WE'RE GOING TO THE FLEA MARKET!

Yep, the weather finally decided to cooperate with us. So why not savor it by spending time outdoors, right? And later that day, we'll be heading to the local "Anderson's" since I have a coupon for $4 off two regular or large sundaes. 

Looks like a pretty exciting weekend....

Update: Con was a success. I wound up buying $4 worth of knockoff Pokémon figures. Hung out with a group of cosplayers and had a blast, my dad was mostly waiting in the car, now what I have to worry about getting one of the figures out from BEHIND A SHELF in our basement.....ugh....

The chonks

A dramatic fight between 2 poochyenas and zigzagoons 

and our beloved Chonkerita

We got a local guy who sells these at cons and craft shows. He has a deal of 3 Pokémon for a dollar each so why not take the shot. If we ever see him again, I'll definitely be spending my hard earned dollars on these again. Especially the surprisingly well made Pikachus .

My dad and I will be making some stop-motion shorts with these possibly, and might upload them to his "SO AN!WAY" Channel
And an update on Carol! The camera is inverted so that's why it looks weird.

I didn't come away from the Comicon empty-handed. I scored a free comic called "Allergic."

Missed opportunity: Her name should have been Anna Phallactic.


It's a heart-warming (to me, at least) story of a little girl who couldn't have a pet because she's deathly allergic to them. Ah, if only life would imitate art. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Daddy Daughter Days: "The Story of GWEEN"

 In 2021, I found out about a little show called "Camp Camp." The show was created by the recently defunct "Rooster Teeth&quo...