Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Daddy Daughter Days: A Greasy Review (Part 2)

 So I had just received my copy of "Grease 2" yesterday. Me nor my dad have high hopes for it but since I'm an official "Greaser" It is my duty that I give it a watch. It seems slightly promising by the cover alone, all new casting aside. Will update later on my thoughts on the movie. If its a flop, it'll leave a bad mark on the year 1982. then again all pop culture from the 80s was as my dad puts it "fruity" anyway....

Update: I watched a good portion of the movie so far, from what I see it isn't the worst movie I've seen, but it ain't as good as the original. So here are my pros and cons as I continue

Pros!

Songs are pretty good (from what I have heard so far) but some lack the good writing that the original had

Frenchie returning is always good to see!

Pretty decent casting from what I see.

From what I've seen so far, the plot isn't as bad as I anticipated, I'd consider it mediocre to alright.

"Cool Rider" Was a banger!

So far my favorite character is Stephanie. 

Cons: 

Some of the dialogue is a bit sloppy in my opinion.

"Woodchuck" is a tad bit annoying.

Some of the plot points so far can be a little confusing or could be fleshed out. 

The song about reproduction was disgusting and unfunny. 🤮

My overall rating of Grease 2? 5\10. I mean its good, just doesn't hold up to the original. 

I'll have to watch Grease first to see how Grease 2 stacks up.  One thing's for sure; that G2 soundtrack didn't seem to spawn the tidal wave of AM radio hits that the original did.

So today is another one of those stay at home days. And me and my mom couldn't be happier. Tomorrow is gonna be a bit of a switch up from the normal schedule as I will be heading to the supermarket with my mom for the first time in over a year. Usually when my mom does the weekly shopping, I'll stay home and work on my own oddities. But tomorrow is an exception of sorts. Then on Friday, I have a neuro evaluation, this is to prepare me for the frightening world of college since I don't function like normal people my age no matter how hard I try. My therapist and a couple other people are speculating that it might be autism which has started to catch up on me, if that is the case, I'll only do one thing....


Mask. As. Much. As. Possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daddy Daughter Days: "The Story of GWEEN"

 In 2021, I found out about a little show called "Camp Camp." The show was created by the recently defunct "Rooster Teeth&quo...