Sunday, September 5, 2021

Daddy Daughter Days: A Greasy Review

 So I finished watching "Grease" last night. I expected the absolute WORST since my mom hated this movie when her sister (my Godmother) would take her to the theater to see it. But guess I was wronged again (this is another Home Movies case methinks....) So.... this movie was definitely entertaining to watch. I won't go too much into detail since I'm not that good at explaining movie plots at times. So here are my pros and cons.


Pros

-Great acting! (specifically from Olivia Newton John and John Travolta) 

-VERY catchy music (Listening to "You're The One That I Want" as I'm typing this up...)

- Plot was pretty good, though some parts felt a bit rushed or dragged on at times. 

- A good majority of the characters were very enjoyable. 


Cons.....

- Rizzo is VERY unlikeable in my opinion and one other character, forgot who it was, is just a stereotypical "dumb blonde" 

- We Go Together is an AWFUL song and no one can convince me otherwise.

-like noted above, some plots and scenes were either too rushed or dragged out. Like the whole thing where Sandy wanted to change herself, that plot could have been a little more fleshed out, like I dunno.. include a shopping spree scene or something? 


Overall. A very enjoyable movie. Give it a 9\10. It would be a solid 10 if it wasn't for "We Go Together" My dad says he wants to try and watch it later to give his own thoughts since he said "I think the only reason I disliked this movie was because of John Travolta." So hopefully you'll get to hear his opinion :D


In other news, today is the 1 year Shanniversary (see what I did there) of when this little bastard made it to my house. 

NO REGRETS!

Father and I are celebrating by going to Wendy's to grab ourselves, and Shannon, a bite. Probably gonna get my "baconator" with a side of fries. Then afterwards, a video call with friends while my dad watches Grease.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daddy Daughter Days: "The Story of GWEEN"

 In 2021, I found out about a little show called "Camp Camp." The show was created by the recently defunct "Rooster Teeth&quo...