Saturday, September 11, 2021

Daddy Daughter Days: On the Clock

Don't you just hate being rushed? Having to take over for somebody when all you wanna do is RELAX? Having to worry about someone arriving half an hour early??? Well if you said yes to these things, you officially relate to me and my dad. 

Yeah, this is the second time in a month I have to go in on Saturday to cover for someone that I've been covering for since Thursday.  Maybe if I was faster at doing her job during the week, I wouldn't have to work these weekend shifts. But I'm not, so here I am.

So since I'll be staying home this evening after some fine dining and shopping, I (and my dad) will be working on a script for one of my little Home Movies shows. But Jeebus is it a pain. 1) my dad has to cover for someone today for as he called it "unpaid overtime" and 2) as much as I enjoy dining at a Mexican restaurant, my mom and I always have to worry about my grandma arriving EARLY! Here is how a conversation will go.

Mom: So we're good with 11:00 am right?

G: yep.

(the next day)

Me casually playing My Talking Angela 2

G pulls up in the driveway a mere 30 minutes before she was supposed to get here.

Me: Well shit...

Hopefully Sunday won't be a pain in the ass for me or my dad. Besides dad can reward himself at the flea market with some nice kettle corn. 



Here's to a fingers crossed for tomorrow!

Well, isn't that just perfect!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Daddy Daughter Days: "The Story of GWEEN"

 In 2021, I found out about a little show called "Camp Camp." The show was created by the recently defunct "Rooster Teeth&quo...