Sunday, September 12, 2021

Daddy Daughter Days: Why Not Be Outdoor When You Can Go Indoor

 Flea Market plans are being pushed to next Sunday due to the weather being crap. My master plan was dad and mom would attend outdoor service at church while I stayed home and did my own thing. Then after a quick lunch, we would set out. Last night, mom came home from her night shift and told us there'd be rain and storms today. Well... time to move on to plan B.

So we have a mall a slight ways down where they have 3 antique stores. Its a no brainer! We're indoors, get to do some shopping, get out of the house for a bit. After that, my dad and I head over to the Dollar Tree to pick up our dinner. One of the main reasons that lead me to this idea is that I'm trying to get some more movies to watch on my DVD player. Specifically, Balto II Wolf Quest. I had watched the movie on Kimcartoon the other day and I won't lie... it was pretty good! Some of the elements SCREAMED early 2000s (cuz it was released in 2002) which kind of pulled at the heartstrings since I grew up in those times. 


This cunning trickster shall wait for her father whilst listening to "Wait Wait Don't Tell Me"

Back from the mall. I wound up finding Balto III: Wings of Change (which I haven't seen) for $2.50 along with some Littlest Pet Shops, a Sensory Toy, and a Webkinz Signature. Checked EVERY SHELF in the the DVD section for Balto II but no dice. Will HOPEFULLY be heading to the flea market next Sunday in hopes of finding the first and second movie. Anyways, my dad and I bought our dinners and plan on watching Balto III while we eat. 

Alright so here's our ratings on the food:

Pop n Chicken: 9\10. Only con is that the chicken was a bit tough this time around but oh well.

Snapps Cheese Sticks: 8\10 this was probably not the company's fault; we probably didn't cook them all the way through. So it was a bit cold in the middle. Better luck next time. 

Now me and my dad's thoughts on Balto III

Not bad. The animation got a massive upgrade compared to II with it being a lot smoother. Plot was a bit corny but good. And get this.... PEGGY FRICKIN HILL WAS IN IT! Well... her voice actor but still. I'd give it a 9.5\10 too bad Balto IV doesn't exits though. Anyways here's dad with his thoughts on his dinner and the movie. 

I picked up a frozen "Asian Style Beef and Broccoli" entrée.  I was worried about the "beef" but it was pretty good! Nice ginger sauce. I'll give this a nine out of ten. (MUCH better than that can of chili I got last time!)

I know nothing of the "Balto" franchise. In fact, I had it confused with Disney's "Bolt" and the "Alpha and Omega" series.

No expectations going in.  I thought much of the character animation was good. Maurice LaMarche voiced Balto and Charles (Roger Rabbit!) Fleischer voiced Boris, the goose.  Kevin Bacon and Bob (Roger Rabbit!) Hoskins voiced them in the original.

The plot centers around a dog-versus-machine competition to see whether the mail out of Nome, Alaska will be delivered by dog team or by aircraft.  Pretty bland, by-the-numbers stuff, but dressed up with a good voice cast and very decent anthro characters!  Good enough to go with the Dollar Tree dinner, so a thumbs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daddy Daughter Days: "The Story of GWEEN"

 In 2021, I found out about a little show called "Camp Camp." The show was created by the recently defunct "Rooster Teeth&quo...