Saturday, September 25, 2021

Daddy Daughter Days: STRIKE!

 So it turns out my fursuit group's regularly scheduled bowling nights have been up and running again. Even better, there's one tonight at 8pm, and wanna know who wouldn't dare miss one? .....Me of course! I haven't been to a bowling night since February of last year before a certain cheetohead ignored the fact that a pandemic was spreading and we were all put under lockdown for Lord knows how long.... only downside is the bowling lane is further away from our house, but we've gone there before so its really nothing new. But nothing beats a good weekend than some late night bowling I tell ya H'what. 

(Hehe, sorry. Just had to add that lil reference...)

So thoughts on pizza from last night? Well, once we arrived, my dad and I realized that the pizza place seems to be one big watering hole on Friday nights (If you live in the area, I'm sure you tend to see other people get a fish fry and a cold one.) Once we got inside, we were greeted by a storm of chatter and other loud noises.... That somehow didn't bother me, I'm usually very sensitive to loud sounds but I've gotten better I guess... me and my parents wound up getting a cheese, pepperoni, and onion pizza accompanied by a jumbo soft pretzel...

What would we rate the food?

Well the pizza was pretty good, nice onions and had a very nice crust. Only downside is the pepperoni was TOO THICK and not the traditional "Cupped and Charred" my family and I have grown to love...

Jumbo pretzel was good, came with three dipping sauces. 

-Mustard

-Cheese

- "Boom Boom Sauce" 

My dad REALLY enjoyed the Boom Boom Sauce, even asking to have it in our takeout box shortly before we left. I'll have my dad put in his 2 cents next time he's on the computer. Catch you guys tomorrow after our fun trip to the bowling alley!

Oh, yeah. That soft pretzel was the size of a catcher's mitt and was served on it very own chrome stand!

The Boom-Boom sauce was zesty with just the right amount of heat.  I had some with a chunk of the soft pretzel and continued using it to dip my pizza crust.  A-One rating on the Boom-Boom, yo.

And, yeah, the joint was too noisy. Thudding music playing on speakers and everyone hollering at each other. Might be worth a re-visit for lunch, maybe?

Good to see my two sisters and my-brother-in-law, so overall a good evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daddy Daughter Days: "The Story of GWEEN"

 In 2021, I found out about a little show called "Camp Camp." The show was created by the recently defunct "Rooster Teeth&quo...