Thursday, September 30, 2021

Daddy Daughter Days: Time Flies

Wowie! This month came and went.... Wasn't as eventful as I had hoped but I'm glad I made it through. Anyways last night I became indecisive on my next Budsie yet again! Before I announce who the character is, I wanna say that I've got a slight problem.

That problem being I'm trying to save up a ton (and I do mean A TON) of money to make an upgrade on my tablet. If by upgrade, I mean getting a new tablet entirely! I use a standard Kindle fire to communicate with friends from around the globe and just social media things in general. But let's face it, the Amazon Fire has its MANY flaws.




1) An extremely watered down Appstore.

Now the Appstore is one of the many essential things when it comes to owning a smart device, you've got popular apps like Talking Tom (and his many compadres), every social media app under the sun, and other popular apps. Sadly Jeff Bezos failed to deliver. 

The Amazon Appstore lacks a TON of content that regular smartphones have. Such as apps like Gacha Club (an app I've been DYING to try out) and others like Snapchat, Videostar, Capcut, pretty much any big name app can't be obtained unless you use some kind of emulator. I could honestly care LESS about using one of those, but until then it's time to save. (Seriously, Amazon. There's a thing called variety.)

2) Quantity over Quality.

First off I will cut Amazon some slack on this one since their kindles were my first smart device (I got my first kindle in 2018 as a middle school graduation present) but the quality of these are VERY mediocre. Mostly gonna talk about the model of the Amazon Fire 7 (The one I used to have) but I have a LOT to say about that particular model...

The first problem that surfaced was not even a day or two after I got it. The storage space is VERY limited.... I had downloaded at least 5 apps (Skype, YouTube, a few games and that was it) this would become a recurring issue as days go by. 

Last year, my kindle 7 finally went kaput leading us to get a fire 8 a few weeks later. But seriously, the small amount of storage was a BIG issue with the fire 7. Every few weeks, I'd have to delete a ton of photos from my camera roll which can become quite tedious and in my case depressing after a while. 

3) Frequent Crashing

Again, another complaint about fire 7. About a year or two ago, my fire would have these occasions where it would randomly crash with no rhyme or reason. Maybe it was just a sign of mechanical failure and I just didn't know. Either way, Amazon kindles may be a good first smartphone for the kiddies, but do NOT under any circumstance get the fire 7. 

So yeah, I'm gonna be putting half of my birthday and Christmas savings towards an Ipad, my dad recently got one from his sister and I've only used it a couple of times. I'm particularly looking for a more recent model (between 2019-present day preferably). Sadly, buying an Ipad brand new can be a challenge as the one I'm invested in, the Ipad Mini, is about $400 all together. So it'll take a LOT of blood and sweat. 
See you guys in October! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Daddy Daughter Days: "The Story of GWEEN"

 In 2021, I found out about a little show called "Camp Camp." The show was created by the recently defunct "Rooster Teeth&quo...