Saturday, October 30, 2021

Daddy Daughter Days: Hallo's Eve

That's right my friends. Tomorrow is Halloween. And sadly, my last year of Trick or Treating. And what better way to celebrate than heading to your local bowling alley to meet up with friends! 

That's right, we're off to our monthly "Furbowl" this evening. I'll be going as a "Pink Fox" which is my Pink Lady Costume combined with bits and pieces of my fursuit items. And then tomorrow will be the LAST HURRAH!

But Mariel's train of thought has gone to crap....again.

So back when I was between the ages of 12-13, I made LPS videos. Sometime in June 2016, back when my mom and I were stuck down south while my dad worked where we live currently. He'd come to visit us at least twice a year (once over the summer, and then at Christmas) and we'd work on at least 1 video. One of those being, a recreation of King of the Hill's Pilot episode. 


We took some of my LPS figures, a run of the mill camera, and got to work. Took us roughly a week or so to finish from what I remember. I only managed to go from the Pilot all the way to at least the 4th episode of season 1 followed by the season 13 episode "When Joseph Met Lori" I do have one King of the Hill episode on hand that I HAVEN'T made yet, and that's the season 12 episode "The Courtship of Joseph's Father" my dad and I managed to download it before just about all unofficial sties became infested with threats. 

Which brings us to a pretty big issue...

We can't download official episodes anymore due to what I just said. Now I bet you all are wondering "But Mariel. Can't you just go to YOUTUBE?" Well that WOULD be a good idea. If the episodes weren't split up into separate parts with the worst quality. Even going as far as to skipping entire scenes or bits of dialogue. So no, I won't be going to YouTube to solve my problems. 

BUT!

My dad came to me with a solution. We could try using my DVD player to rip the audio to our computer, thus creating full episodes! If that fails. We'll hopefully find at least something! 

But since I have this extra episode on me, I could probably try my hand at making that while we find a solution. First I gotta get a new LPS to play Joseph since I had painted my old one into an entirely new character. 

This is gonna be one stress inducing project....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daddy Daughter Days: "The Story of GWEEN"

 In 2021, I found out about a little show called "Camp Camp." The show was created by the recently defunct "Rooster Teeth&quo...