Sunday, October 10, 2021

Daddy Daughter Days: "Meet Me in the Study"

 ITs a lovely Sunday morning, the sun is shining, the birds are chirping, there's horny zombies walking the stree- WAIT WHAT?!

So while at Heart of the Game yesterday, my dad found a Moral Orel DVD for 50 friggin cents! And I thought it would be appropriate enough to watch it on a Sunday morning while the parents are at church. 

So what is this "Godly Series" about?


Well Moral Orel is basically a spin on Davey and Goliath but make it MUCH DARKER, the show basically pokes fun at the conservative side of Christianity, specifically making jokes related to Priests doing the deed to students. (Which thank God hasn't happened yet from what I've watched thus far) 

Each episode usually starts with Orel learning some kind of twisted morel or sermon from either his parents or Pastor and then taking it to a very extreme and literal manor, with the dark and comedic tone of course. His dad finds out some time after, leading to a "Father-Son Talk" in the study. 

Take the episode "Waste" for example. 

Orel is told by his dad that it is a SIN to waste money, which I want to call BS on as its not a sin, just a bad habit (I mean haven't we all had impulse buys on shit we don't need?) So Orel gets a job at the local family run grocery store in order to learn how to handle money, after a sermon at church about giving money to the poor and homeless, our lad gives his money to a drug dealer (mistaking him for a homeless man) and is given a bag of crack in return.

I'm sure you guys all know where this is going so I won't need to detail it for you all....

What would I rate this show? So far, I give it a 10\10 cuz I LOVE dark humor and mocking the effed up side of Christianity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daddy Daughter Days: "The Story of GWEEN"

 In 2021, I found out about a little show called "Camp Camp." The show was created by the recently defunct "Rooster Teeth&quo...