Saturday, October 2, 2021

Daddy Daughter Days: Wheelin' and Dealin'

 So I decided to put off the Salvation Army thing until next weekend because I found a better idea.


I was searching through our local Craigslist and stumbled upon a yard sales of "Toys Toys Toys" as the seller put it. There seems to be quite the variety available. From quarter machine toys to modern day toys, seems like this guy has EVERYTHING! Father and I will be heading out shortly. Speaking of things to look forward too....


My Godmother is still planning on visiting in 2 weeks. She'll be arriving on Sunday and my uncle is supposed to come down on Thursday. Here's what we have been planning thus far.



Cheesecake Factory

Build a Bear (a definite MUST in our book)

(I miss the old BAB before they remodeled it)

Lots and I do mean LOTS of eating out. (as of now, our current plans are local diners)


Thrifting too of course!

And let's not forget the Pumpkin Patch!!!!!




Basically my Aunt and I plan a lot of fun stuff (50% shopping and 50% dine in) but THE WAIT IS UNBEARABLE!!!!! 


On the topic of Pumpkins, my dad and I will be working more on the Halloween Humbug short soon. Tomorrow will be a chill day for the family since my mom is off this weekend. Hoping to get to work on my Home Movies project today maybe? 


Anyways will update you guys once my dad and I get home. <3


I know this update is VERY late, I just got busy and stuff.


So I wound up with a TON of stuff. 

I wound up with a Barbie doll (and Chelsea) which I had seen in the original listing. I'm an occasional Barbie collector, mostly going for the dolls that capture my attention rather than going for just any other Barbie I see. My main reason is because both were part of the newer dolls, with the Barbie having articulation in the elbows, wrists, and knees. Sadly the Barbie did not come with clothes, but that's alright. I can just buy some at Target or the Mart of Wal. Thankfully Chelsea came fully clothed so no need to worry about that. 


Next up was a Legend of Zelda book that came out for the 30th anniversary of the franchise. It had all the games from the original all the way to Hyrule Warriors. There was also a snippit about Breath of the Wild coming to the Switch and Wii U the following year (book was released in 2016) 

Another relic for your fellow Zelda Nerd!

My dad found a blank metal lunchbox and said we could customize it! I'm going to make it Toki themed cuz screw it, I'm a proud simp. Thing is, we need to buy a new ink cartridge for our printer so that'll have to hold off until next weekend. 


Also wound up getting more fidget toys today! I got a tangle and some Crayola globbles. They're basically these stress balls you can stick together and pull apart. I played with em for a bit and its very satisfying to just pull em apart like that. My tangle was a metal one and very fun to play with, however it can get very exhausting considering that its a twisty piece of metal. Might get my next tangle at the Dollar General at a future cheapskate night. 


Lastly was a singing frog mint in the box. Its supposed to sing "My Achey Breaky Heart" while strumming a light up guitar. checked the box and found out its just as old as me! Jeez... Another singing toy I got was a Valentine's dog. Not sure what it sings since the company behind it, Dandee, made a variety of these dogs with different songs. Well, won't know until we put batteries in it! 


Tune in tomorrow for Aldi night! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daddy Daughter Days: "Off To The Movies We Shall Go!"

 My dad and I got to see "South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut" for the movie's 25th anniversary! I'm aware of the fact th...