Friday, November 12, 2021

Daddy Daughter Days: The Conning...

 So as randomly noted yesterday, I was informed by a friend that there was a local con tomorrow at their college. Which gives me the perfect timing to cosplay as Inez once again. Father does have some stuff to take care of beforehand but that's no biggie since its going until way past 11 at night. I'll try to see if we can get directions tonight. 

So my mom and I will be having the day out with my grandma. We're stopping at Denny's for lunch followed by a trip to the Tops (a chain grocery stop) right next door, then the Dave's Christmas Tree Shop and Goodwill. Best part about Tops? Those little cake parfaits (I like the carrot cake one the best) and the breakfast pizza. 


I've never had much luck at any Goodwill locations, other than one time where I got a grab bag full of Beanie Boos for $5 and that was it. Hopefully I can find some more Honey Girls to add to my collection. I'll take whichever character they have, I don't care if its a duplicate, as long as it gets its "furrever" home with me, that's what matters. 

Todays loot! 


So Goodwill actually had a great stock in plushies! I did find a Tinkerbell character from the Tinkerbell franchise. I ultimately passed on it because while it was cute, my mom was worried that it wasn't clean enough, which it was actually! After my not so good luck with the plushies, I made my way to the DVD\CD section as I'm looking for the Mama Mia soundtrack (still have to watch the movie) Well...they had the movie, but not the CD. I found some "NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL MUSIC!" CDS dating all the way back to 2002 (they're older than me!) I saw one that had a song I liked but I passed for now. My mom wound up taking home a Bible while, just as we were a hout to head to the checkout, I find this POKEMON BOOK! No, its not one of those Pokedex books, but rather a chapter book of some of the episodes from the TV series. Like they always say, Gotta Catch Em All!

Next we made a stop at Big Lots and Tops on our way back, I didn't find much at Big Lots (at first) burt just as we headed to the checkout, I found these "Cats VS Pickles" beanbag toys. I've seen these at other stores like 5 Below and Walgreens but I've never had the time or money to buy one. Thankfully, Big Lots was selling them for $6 a throw so I bought one and my grandma treated me to one. Hoping to head to 5 Below in the future so I can get more of these things! Hey, maybe our 4 year old cat would be interested in getting one.

At least I've got some money saved for the con tomorrow!

Not that it's a contest, or anything, but I'm hoping to get a haircut and buy some bungee cords tomorrow. What can I say? Livin' the dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daddy Daughter Days: "Off To The Movies We Shall Go!"

 My dad and I got to see "South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut" for the movie's 25th anniversary! I'm aware of the fact th...