Thursday, November 11, 2021

Daddy Daughter Days: Veterans and Voice Actresses.

 Today is Veterans Day. Somewhat in the same sense as 9\11, we remember those who have died for us. This holiday is usually on a Tuesday (I think) but this year it came right in the middle of the week. 

I'm pretty sure Veteran's Day is always on November 11th, irrespective of the day of the week.


Aside from this All American holiday, I have my own little day that I celebrate. 

It was on this day, 22 years ago, the late Mary Kay Bergman had passed away. 

Mary Kay Bergman (occasionally known as Shannon Cassidy) was an American voice actress who was well known for her work on the adult animated sitcom, "South Park" where she would voice almost every female character in existence for the first 3 seasons up until her death. Her last role on the show was for the one time character, Rebecca Cotswolds, in the episode "Hooked on Monkey Phonics." Which interestingly, aired the day before her passing. So every November 11th, I celebrate her talent on the show as well as many other projects she was in. 

There was a sweet, subtle tribute to her in the Mr. Hankey Christmas Special that year. 😢

My 4th tribute video will be out later today.

Random update: One of my irl buddies in my furry group informed me of a local convention on Saturday. I'll give further details to father once he gets home from work.

Sounds like another jam-packed weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daddy Daughter Days: "Off To The Movies We Shall Go!"

 My dad and I got to see "South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut" for the movie's 25th anniversary! I'm aware of the fact th...