Saturday, November 27, 2021

Daddy Daughter Days: F Is For Future!

 So I just started watching the South Park POST COVID Special. A lot of my online friends have written rave reviews on it already, so since I don't have Paramount+, I had to go the risky route and watch a poor quality upload on YouTube (the special isn't available on Kimcartoon yet, folks)

SPOILERS AHEAD FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T WATCHED IT YET.

So we're in a 40 year time skip, the pandemic is almost over, all shops and diners have been changed with either "Max" or a plus sign slapped on like a sticker (For instance, South Park Elementary Plus) and most interesting of them all, our kids are now adults in their mid 30-40s. Stan has become a drunk and depressed man, with the company of his friend Alexa (I.E. the Alexa app, which is a hologram of a woman in this universe.) We then find out that Kenny DIED (YOU BASTARDS!) from Covid, as he was trying to find a cure for it and stop the pandemic. So all of the once kids get together to solve this mystery (sounds like a Scooby Doo movie to me.) 

I'm currently in the second act where Stan confronts his father in a retirement home, (seeing all the adults I knew and loved as elderly people felt so uncanny, especially Mayor McDaniels.) Where in a "Share time" segment, it is revealed that Shelly and Sharon (Stan's mom and sister) passed away due to an accident at Tegridy Farms. 

All of this aside, from what I've noticed so far, which is so obvious that Matt and Trey shove it in your faces (in a comedic way.) It seems like we're making fun of cancel culture and what the future would potentially look like. Now I live in a society where anyone can get "cancelled" for voicing their own opinion. So considering my rising infamy on the internet, I have to keep my big fat mouth shut. But as always, Matt and Trey never fail to amuse me with their poking fun at social issues, cancel culture being one of them. 

So what's up today?

So tonight is the long awaited fur meet. My dad and I will be taking our normal route to get there, but will be taking a different route home. But before the big event, I'll make a stop at party city (with some b-day stash) and buy myself one of those crown thingys. 

My OC, and the edition of a South Park plush, will be attending with these guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daddy Daughter Days: "Off To The Movies We Shall Go!"

 My dad and I got to see "South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut" for the movie's 25th anniversary! I'm aware of the fact th...