Friday, November 19, 2021

Daddy Daughter Days: Master of the Feast.

 So my family and I are going out for Mexican food this afternoon! We do have a couple locals in the area where we usually go to. Just the way we like it!

And now, a trip down memory lane.

Back when my family and I were residing down in North Carolina, we had 2 particular Mexican food joints we would go to. One being a local chain called "Mi Casita" which was a regular for quite some time. Yep, if we had family over, a celebration, or just a normal outing, Mi Casita would be our go-to restaurant. When I was little, the thing I would look forward too most was getting my chicken fingers and fries served in a little sombrero plate. That was all I cared about up until age 7. 

Fast forward to the mid 2010s, my dad and I were driving to someplace (I think it was the pharmacy or Harris Teeter) we notice that a Chinese place that had closed was being reopened as a new Mexican restaurant called "El Tio" instantly, my dad and I looked at each other and thought "We gotta go there." and for some time, El Tio took over up until the closing of its locations in I'd wanna say 2014. One particular location turned into another Mexican joint that my mom and I tried out....it was not good....

This place will be dearly missed...

So tomorrow I have a local comic con around the corner from our house. This particular venue is where we run into one of our Pokémon vendors (we have one at the flea market, who we will hopefully be seeing next season in April) but our regular usually shows up to this local con and offers 3 Pokémon for $1 or buy a bulk bag of the little critters for $8. Plus I get to cosplay Inez again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daddy Daughter Days: "Off To The Movies We Shall Go!"

 My dad and I got to see "South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut" for the movie's 25th anniversary! I'm aware of the fact th...