Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Daddy Daughter Days: More Early 2000s Culture

 Father linked another Adult Swim recording yesterday. So I watched it to see what I had in store. So let's get to it!

First was the Home Movies episode "Class Trip" which was pretty funny in and of itself. Basically Brendon and his friends are shooting a movie, but they need to shoot the remainder of the scenes during their field trip to a hotel. Plot twist, Paula will be helping Mr. Lynch keep charge of the kids. So our trio have to be extra sneaky around the adults. B plot was Coach MCGuirk trying to get a job, but due to a very poor background check, he uses Brendon's identity to land a job at a coffee shop. Pretty funny episode! (10\10) 

Another thing with this episode is that I've recently been fixated on the character, Clarice. Sooo....

Next was Sealab 2021. Had pretty high expectations for this one since its one of the "OG Adult Swim shows" and a cult classic among many. Sadly, the show didn't really catch me. So it was basically another space ghost story, show seemed great, just didn't really care for it. (5.5\10)

After that was "The Brak Show." A spin off of Space Ghost! Didn't know what I was gonna get into for this one. But the episode I watched was about Brak being pressured by Zorack to get rid of his plush lobster named Hippo. Strange name...I know, but that's on Brak. After Zorack trashes the stuffie, Brak goes through what I can identify as a mid-life crisis. (I think) Great show! (9\10) 

PS Zorack is my favorite character... 

Finally, there was a Harvey Birdman episode. I've heard about this show once or twice in the past. So I had no clue what I was getting into, much like The Brak Show. In this episode, Harvey is in a court case against Droopy the dog. Droopy apparently got plastic surgery (went horribly wrong) and he loses the case against the surgeon (who Harvey is representing.) After this case, Harvey is promoted to Vice President while the plastic surgeon spends the rest of the episode as a walking salesman. Throughout the episode, Harvey feels bad for Droopy and wishes that he could have won the case. I won't spoil the ending for you, but it is really funny. Would I watch this show again? YEAH! (10\10) 

The last few minutes of the tape were episodes of "Cowboy Bebop" which I skipped due to it probably having one big storyline and not wanting to be spoiled. So there's my review!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daddy Daughter Days: "The Story of GWEEN"

 In 2021, I found out about a little show called "Camp Camp." The show was created by the recently defunct "Rooster Teeth&quo...