Monday, December 13, 2021

Daddy Daughter Days: Soft Pretzels and Small Talk

 Don't you just love it when you go to your local shopping mall, visit your favorite stores for a while, but just as your about to leave, there's one minor detail that is an absolute must.... 

That's right. You can't forget about those traditional "mall pretzels." Back in my hometown down south, we had a soft pretzel stand called "Pretzel Cafe." and they had some damn good pretzels back then. But when we moved away 5 years ago, we were introduced to Auntie Anne's pretzels. Guys, they literally taste the same, if not a bit better. 

Yep, almost every mall visit ends with me and at least 1 or 2 family members going to the first floor to get some soft pretzels. Though, I'm not basic, so I usually get a large cup of pretzel nuggets. 


Another shopping mall that my dad and I usually go to every now and then also has a pretzel stand. but they offer a freaking party sized bucket o' nuggies! Looks like next time we're there, we'll be getting dinner from that stand. 🤣🤣🤣

Didn't that pretzel stand turn into an expensive pie boutique?  Oh, that mall! Never mind...

Update: Went to the mall, but had to skip the pretzels thanks to my poor, and I do mean POOR spending habits. Basically I didn't check how much I had spent, so just as I was about to put the extra stuff back, my mom pitches her pretzel money in. Which resulted in me not feeling too bright, cuz to us autistic individuals, one change in routine feels like someone is holding you at gunpoint. No biggie, I just went into my realm of self loathing when we got home. Plus, if I go to our other mall with my dad, we can get soft pretzels then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daddy Daughter Days: "Off To The Movies We Shall Go!"

 My dad and I got to see "South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut" for the movie's 25th anniversary! I'm aware of the fact th...