Monday, February 14, 2022

Daddy Daughter Days: Valentine's Day!

 Yep. Another holiday I don't celebrate often. I mean, sure. I get a card from my parents and usually a $50 bill from my grandma, but I don't really have much else to do after that. I mean I don't have a friend or even a boyfriend or girlfriend to celebrate it with. But I do wanna wish a Happy V-Day to those who do! So Happy Valentine's Day! <3

(Now if only my family and I could order one of those heart shaped pizzas we see online). 


Some good news is I got a new job working at the food pantry at my parent's church! So there's some extra money in my pocket (courtesy of my mom, not the church). I'll alternate between sorting out food and keeping watch of the pastor's kids (10 and 6 respectively). KA-CHING! 

As noted in the previous entry, I conked out at 6:30 last night. I was feeling kind of out-of-it this morning, but was able to shower, shave & get dressed. Unfortunately, I only made it about half-way to work before some violent "stomach cramps" kicked in. 😬

I'll spare everyone the gruesome details, but I texted my boss that I was going to be late owing to some "digestive issues" and high-tailed it back home to see how this was going to play out. 

So, yeah, happy valentine's day, one and all.

UPDATE: Had to run to a doctor's appointment this afternoon, Amazingly, they didn't nag at my weight! But mom and I stopped at Denny's for lunch on the way over. And we also stopped at the Goodwill across the street! 

Here's my haul! 

This golden Glisten from BAB! (Really nice condition too)

A medium sized Twinkle Toes (NWT too)

Random Barbie doll that caught my eye (as well as a few playsets that I passed on)

And this monkey from BAB that part of me wants to name "Captain Huggyface"

And the cherry on top? "We Don't Talk About Bruno" was playing on 98.5 fm on our way to the doc's office! What a day!

Glad to hear "all's well that ends well!"  I bought some store-brand Immodium on my way back into work and seem to be doing OK.  Now, about that heart-shaped pizza...

Told mom about "The Za." She told me you can pick one up on the way home, but I need to give you a heads up on two things.

1) You'll need to pay for it yourself
2) Riva's is closed today. But I think Airport Pizza carries heart shaped pizzas. So you might wanna check them out on the way back. And remember. Pep and onions. 

Besides, I could go for some pizza myself too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daddy Daughter Days: "The Story of GWEEN"

 In 2021, I found out about a little show called "Camp Camp." The show was created by the recently defunct "Rooster Teeth&quo...