Saturday, May 14, 2022

Daddy Daughter Days: The Gold Mine!

 Back from the world of rummage sales! 

Rummage Sale 1: Didn't have too much luck with this one. I got a car that has a built in FM radio that I could use for my LPS films, along with a "Now That's What I Call Music 53" CD. Dad got some baked goods, didn't stay for the hot dog roast since they were still setting up. 

Ollies (pit stop) I had suggested going to Ollies because I, for unknown reasons, just wanted to stop in! We haven't been to Ollies since our big move in 2016-2017, so strolling in 5 years later was...Something. They did rearrange a lot of items (extra points for adding in a claw machine) but ultimately didn't wind up getting anything there (though I DID almost buy a Grumpy Cat book).

I scored a big book of crossword puzzles at Ollie's, so I'm a happy camper.

Rummage Sale 2: Oh boy...Now this is where dad and I struck gold! Right off the bat, I found some dollhouse miniatures for my videos along with some Barbie accessories. 

I've had to store some of these things really good, as Mimi has recently learned that "if mommy and daddy aren't downstairs, I can help myself to whatever I want on the filming desk." So now I have to be EXTRA careful with my stuff. Mom always says "Oh, she's just a baby. She'll outgrow it eventually like Belle did." I don't REMOTELY remember Belle batting stuff around! But we did find some stuff underneath my dresser once. So, she could be onto something!

Also found some little happy meal toys I wanted to display in my room just for the hell of it. 

First piece of G2 merch in my MLP collection!

Scratt's "love interest" from the Ice Age movies.

Next up, some animatronics for my collection.
I have 2 of these "Crystal the Ice-Skating Bear" dolls. Only reason I bought this was because she was new with tags and was fully clothed (this one had ice skates from an older version). I also wound up with a rapping mouse, but that doesn't compare to the HOLY GRAIL you are about to see. 

CYBERCHASE VHS TAPES!

Ugh. Almost 90% of the building was SWAMPED with VHS tapes, ranging from Arthur to Vaggietales and others. But I found a pile with mostly PBS Kids tapes like Liberty Kids and Boobah (remember that garbage?) But low and behold, I find Cyberchase tapes!!!! The only ones that were in the piles were "Codename Icky" and Totally Rad" (which I have on DVD). But turning down this rare sighting would be unacceptable as a longtime Cyberchase fan and collector. The reason I got two of each tape was because I wanted to keep two in the factory seal (all of these were still factory sealed for over 18 years). Tested out one of the "Codename Icky" tapes and well.... 


Dad suggested we adjust the tracking on my VCR. Either way, it's still somewhat watchable!

A successful day of garage sailing. Am I right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daddy Daughter Days: "The Story of GWEEN"

 In 2021, I found out about a little show called "Camp Camp." The show was created by the recently defunct "Rooster Teeth&quo...