Thursday, June 9, 2022

Daddy Daughter Days: 1 Year of Dads and Daughters

 That's right, folks! Today marks one year since the creation of this blog! And what better way than to revisit a blog post dad made 15 years ago! 


DEBUNKING FUTURE TRENDS

This post was made when I was around 3 and a half years old. Where my dad questioned what the world would be like in circa 2020. 

1) High Fashion Amputations.

Ok...So this was the first thing to have me dying of laughter when I was scrambling through dad's blog. This was dad's prediction of what teens would do in their high school days. I'll mark this as half true because there WAS the Kylie Jenner Lip Challenge where kids would trap their lips in something like a bottle or mug, and they'd suck on it until their lips were all swollen. Need I elaborate further?

2) IV PARTY BAGS

Yep, throw away that old beer bong you have sitting in your attic, because so-and-so creations are here to bring you the new and improved IV PARTY BAG! This crazy contraption will be the perfect gag for any of your loud teen parties that were likely held without the consent of parents. The IV will not only give you the hangover of a lifetime, but will also likely put you flat on your deathbed. 


I count this one as a near-miss!  There's actually a company called IV360 that is all about HEALTHY, life-style "hydration" IVs.  Sounds pretty quack-tastic to me.



3) POP MUSIC!

Probably the only accurate prediction on here. The music industry is all but a gigantic melting pot where artist off all types can celebrate their creativity! 

And that's all! The first two predictions never happened thankfully. But what did happen is a global pandemic hit us and we were all in lockdown for months on end. HERE'S TO ANOTHER YEAR OF DAILY DAD AND DAUGHTER REPORTS!

CHEERS! <3

There was also talk of dinner at Athena's later....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daddy Daughter Days: "Off To The Movies We Shall Go!"

 My dad and I got to see "South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut" for the movie's 25th anniversary! I'm aware of the fact th...