Sunday, June 26, 2022

Daddy Daughter Days: An "Accomplishment"

 Sunday started off pretty normal. Mom had a work shift (every other Sunday) and she'd be visiting a relative afterwards. So dad and I tended to our monkey business and continued about our morning. 

By the way, last night was somewhat of a success. I say somewhat because there weren't a ton of people there. It was just us, my friend and her dad, and two other people. At first, I didn't understand why there was such low attendance, but then it hit me. June is usually the time when AnthroCon (a big furry convention in PA) is held, so the other fursuiters were probably there. But I walked into that bowling alley with not a shred of fear, because I was determined to show my pride! 


Getting back to today, dad and I drove to pantry this afternoon and we noticed a lot of stuff from the fellowship hall was parked by the garage. So I decided we'd scope things out after our shift (I did a quick peek earlier in case there was anything worth grabbing before heading inside). So we got to the pantry room only to notice it was completely rearranged for the millionth time in a row, and our usual coordinator wasn't present this time. Guessing she had to take care of stuff behind the scenes. But we worked with the other helpers no problem (well there were some casualties like having to squeeze through these narrow shelves that were placed). Luckily, dad and I managed to pack two whole orders before calling it a day while everyone was restocking items. 

Which brought us back to the big pile of waste. Just so we didn't show up to be too suspicious, dad and I parked our car by the loot. We both went looking around to see what would be of interest. While dad didn't find anything, I got some art supplies plus a stuffed toy from "How to Train Your Dragon." Idk if this would count as an "accomplishment" but today was daughter's first garbage pick! 

PS: My dad has done garbage\curb picking in the past. His finds usually wind up being speakers\amps. But hey, its something! Tomorrow will be my first day of permanent Summer vacation! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daddy Daughter Days: "Off To The Movies We Shall Go!"

 My dad and I got to see "South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut" for the movie's 25th anniversary! I'm aware of the fact th...