Sunday, June 19, 2022

Daddy Daughter Days: Daddy Day!

 Ah, Fathers Day. Its nothing new, you give your father a card or present (in this case, dad's present was to go to the Bob's Burgers movie with me yesterday). We usually don't go all out with these things, its mostly just going out to dinner and the previously mentioned gifts. 


One time when I was in first grade, we were all making Fathers Day cards! But my mom, who was volunteering that day, noticed that almost all the kids either addressed the cards to their grandpa or uncle, or just had NO ONE to address it to. We were in a rural, military part of the Carolinas that time and my guess is lots of these kids had single parents either without a dad, or their dad was deployed in some way. But here's my card that I made way back when. 

Also the most accurate drawing a first grader could make of her father.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daddy Daughter Days: "Off To The Movies We Shall Go!"

 My dad and I got to see "South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut" for the movie's 25th anniversary! I'm aware of the fact th...